Which is better ?

Tubbs®

GeForce TI 4400 (128mb) or Radeon 9600 XT (256mb)

I have the TI4400 installed atm but can change to the XT if needed. Is it
worth it ?

TIA

Dark Avenger

Tubbs® said:
GeForce TI 4400 (128mb) or Radeon 9600 XT (256mb)

I have the TI4400 installed atm but can change to the XT if needed. Is it
worth it ?

TIA

9600 XT, ofcourse it's still you who has to decide when to move on
unto another card. Normally when you can't play the games you wish to
play!

Tubbs®

Dark Avenger said:
"Tubbs®" <[email protected]> wrote in message

9600 XT, ofcourse it's still you who has to decide when to move on
unto another card. Normally when you can't play the games you wish to
play!

Yeah but is it an upward move is what I'm asking ?

Athura

9600xt is a full DX9 compliant card, the ti4400, while a great card, is only
DX8.1

I'd take the 9600xt, its a step up

Knickers

I have the TI4400 installed atm but can change to the XT if needed. Is
it
Not really, 9600XT will give you full DX9 support, but won't really increase
your FPS. If I were you - I'd wait until DX9 games were standard - for as it
stands right now there's not much DX9 stuff going around . . . also means
that your 9600XT will be considerably cheaper.

If you MUST buy a new card right now, then try and stretch your budget to a
9800Pro or XT, with that card you'll see a great increase in FPS and have
DX9 support.

Dark Avenger

Tubbs® said:
Yeah but is it an upward move is what I'm asking ?

It definitly is! Playing games with DX9 effects enabled, shining as
never before. The 9600 XT will deliver you that, even more.... you
ever played counterstrike? Ever saw how glazy the walls looked from
afar, with Aniso set on 16x ( without much performance loss ) you'll
enjoy a nice smooth wall as far as you can look.

Anti-aliasing is also great on ati cards, basicly it's a damn good
card. I self own it's granddaddy ( the 9500 Pro "in my days" ) and you
should get the same speed results, why? Ah well the trick of the medio
budget card, they made the 9500 Pro card actually to good for it's own
price since it had 8 pixel pipelines and 4 vertex pipelines.

So the card was pulled from the market and now is a little pearl you
have to hunt down to be able to buy it. The 9600XT with half asmuch
pixelshaders but clocked about twice as high will deliver you in most
cases about the same performance.

And the performance is great for a good price!

Max Longman

Tubbs® said:
GeForce TI 4400 (128mb) or Radeon 9600 XT (256mb)

I have the TI4400 installed atm but can change to the XT if needed. Is it
worth it ?

No if you have to buy the card, there's little difference in speed.