9600 XT and GeForce 4600 TI

Byron Hinson

I currently have a GeForce 4600 Ti card - wondering if i will notice much
difference upgrading to the ATI 9600 XT

Dark Avenger

Byron Hinson said:
I currently have a GeForce 4600 Ti card - wondering if i will notice much
difference upgrading to the ATI 9600 XT

DX8 ? not much....I self have a 9500 Pro and my performance is around
the same as the 9600XT/Pro. DX8 is on the FIRST eye not faster, but
you now can user higher anti aliasing/ more Aniso ... it just make it
look better.

DX9, ah yes, ATI as is known makes card very capable of showing DX9
effects without losing much performance.

It's not a direct upgrade... from a GF4 ti to a 9600XT/Pro it's a
sidegrade. But a sidegrade to DX9. And i'm sure the 9600Pro/XT will be
fine for atleast 1,5 year to come :)

John Russell

Dark Avenger said:
"Byron Hinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message

DX8 ? not much....I self have a 9500 Pro and my performance is around
the same as the 9600XT/Pro. DX8 is on the FIRST eye not faster, but
you now can user higher anti aliasing/ more Aniso ... it just make it
look better.

DX9, ah yes, ATI as is known makes card very capable of showing DX9
effects without losing much performance.

It's not a direct upgrade... from a GF4 ti to a 9600XT/Pro it's a
sidegrade. But a sidegrade to DX9. And i'm sure the 9600Pro/XT will be
fine for atleast 1,5 year to come :)

The 9600XT is the card I've been waiting for. How they managed to pursuade
people to buy a card that was slower in DX8 than there GF4 I shall never
know. And Nvidia where also as bad with their 5200.

Sleepy

given the strengths/weaknesses of drivers I think you may see a little
better performance in D3D but you'll certainly loose in OpenGL and as for
Dx9 - whoppee f***in doo!

Byron Hinson

So in the real world for games like Deus Ex 2, Star Wars: Galaxies and other
DX 9 titles - there should be improvement?