where are the vista newsgroups?

John

I look in news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but there are no
vista groups in either of these.

thanks

John

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Detlev Dreyer

John said:
I look in news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but there are no
vista groups in either of these.

You may want to take off your sunglasses.

Nepatsfan

John said:
I look in news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but there are no vista
groups in either of these.

thanks

John

Answered in XP Help and Support. If you want to post a message to more than one
newsgroup try crossposting.

Why and how to crosspost

That said, here's the same answer I provided in the other newsgroup.

You may need to refresh the list of newsgroups available in Thunderbird. Click
on Microsoft News in the Folders pane. In the right hand pane, click on "Manage
Newsgroup Subscriptions". In the Subscribe dialog, hit the Refresh button. Once
the list of newsgroups has been updates, see if entering Vista in the "Show
items that contain" box yields any results.

If that doesn't work, try these links.

Windows Vista newsgroups available on the Microsoft News Server

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Martin ©¿©¬

I look in news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but there are no
vista groups in either of these.

thanks

John, here's a couple
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Martin said:
John, here's a couple
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista

There is no 'microsoft.public.windows.vista' newsgroup.

Terry R.

The date and time was 1/12/2008 9:10 AM, and on a whim, John pounded out
I look in news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but there are no
vista groups in either of these.

thanks

John

Hi John,

Check microsoft.public.windows.vista.

--
Terry R.

***Reply Note***

John

Very helpful... thanks. Another person advised me to "refresh" the group
and that actually worked. I'm not sure what you were offering.

John

Detlev Dreyer

John said:
Very helpful... thanks. Another person advised me to "refresh" the group
and that actually worked. I'm not sure what you were offering.

A good newsreader needs to be refreshed only if there are new groups which
doesn't apply to the Vista groups - they exist for pretty long time. You're
using "Thunderbird 2.0.0.9" - if you don't manage to operate this piece of
software, you might be better off when looking for another newsreader.

John

thanks again.

John