When do you finish work this year?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone lucky enough to have today their last day at work (of 2016)?

It seems like it could be either great timing or terrible timing having Christmas and New Year both on a Sunday, depending on how your Christmas days off fall!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Don't panic ...

This year, Christmas Day falls on Sunday, December 25 (just a reminder of the day) so of course, Boxing Day will fall on Monday, December 26. As Christmas Day falls on Sunday, the Christmas Day bank holiday will be on Tuesday, December 27. :cool:

The same goes for New Year's Day which falls on Sunday, January 1st :fool: :cheers: :fool: ... meaning you'll get an extra day to shake off that hangover on Monday, January 2 ... What a great start to 2017. :cheers:

:wave:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I finish this time next week, a half day, then I'm off until the 3rd. However she is not (haha!), she has to work a couple of days in between, Apparently people like to have their hair done for new years....

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I finished work this year on 1st of January . As I will next year too. :D

Something to said for retirement. :D

Retirement.JPG

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd class myself as 'semi-retired' which basically means I'm officially of retirement age but if people phone me up and offer me work then I just can't refuse. And tbh I always quite liked the work I done for the last 31 years.

Unfortunately this means that since 30th July this year I've had just the one days work, just off of Sloane Square. I have my state pension and a small private pension to live on so it's not so bad but work means toys and if I was of a mind - holidays.

On the other hand, January to end of July this year I was kept quite busy, it's just the way it goes.

So, I finished work in the middle of October, which was my last days work.

Ask a Question