What to download to make my pc faster

Reaction score
hi, what do you lot recommend i download to make my computer fast question one i have panda anti-virus is that good?

Also what should i download or do to make my computer faster?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Panda AV is OK-ish, but you'd be better off with either Kaspersky (includes firewall) or NOD32(AV only) - avoid Norton ;)

Defragging your hard drive can make a bit of a difference - the one built in to Windows is OK but not great - something like Diskeeper would be better.

Another thing is to clear out all the crap such as temp files etc on your system - try using the free utility CCleaner (uncheck the install Yahoo Toolbar option when installing)

Reaction score
thanks adywebb and where/what sites can you buy kasperki from?

And I have CCcleaner and im downloading diskepper 2007 ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2697599.php
user.gif

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Panda AV is OK-ish, but you'd be better off with either Kaspersky (includes firewall) or NOD32(AV only) - avoid Norton ;)

Defragging your hard drive can make a bit of a difference - the one built in to Windows is OK but not great - something like Diskeeper would be better.

Another thing is to clear out all the crap such as temp files etc on your system - try using the free utility CCleaner (uncheck the install Yahoo Toolbar option when installing)
Avoid Norton?? Why is that?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Frankly its rubbish, free stuff does a better job.
user.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
cguil_uk said:
Avoid Norton?? Why is that?
It's a Virus, Trojan, Rootkit all in one ... :nod:

Any program that requires "special software" to pry it from your PC should be avoided ... It really does bog down even respectable PCs ... It isn't that good at what it is supposed to do ... and to add insults, they charge you for it. :rolleyes:

McAfee is not really any different either, I would avoid it too.

This is, of course, my own personal opinion. ;)

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a cheapskate so I just use the free avast AV. It still is much better than norton.

Ask a Question