What is up with the weather?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We've had crazy weather today, I've been in shorts and too hot a few hours ago... and now it's hailstoning! :lol:

The sky looks really nice, and yet it's been hailing for a good few minutes now :confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's pretty awful here too Ian, it began sunny, but windy, now it's as gloomy as a winter's day and very wet and windy. Thunder and lightning a few days ago and the forecaster was hinting about more to come. Oh, but are we forgetting...? It is summer after all :lol: :p

Reaction score
Been sunny & hot at Gatwick all day.
Rain was forcasted for last night & today, but none fell.
The weather in the deep south seems to better than up north!

Reaction score
Twas p*ssing with rain this morning, needed a coat it were that cold....Now the sun is shining and it's back to shorts and T-shirt...lol normal London weather for the last few days...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
At 8am we had a sandstorm, followed at 9am by a hurricane which caused a Tsunami on The Thames that swamped the Marks and Spencer food store in Greenwich which led to lots of instant meals floating down the road outside.

It then clouded over to almost darkness, hailstoned for an hour and then rained very heavily for 90 minutes.

This led to the drains spouting torrents of water onto the road and pavement and depositing hundreds of dead fish, crabs and lobsters everywhere.

Then the sun came out which is affecting the deceased sealife. So right now it's very smelly round here.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
At 8am we had a sandstorm, followed at 9am by a hurricane which caused a Tsunami on The Thames that swamped the Marks and Spencer food store in Greenwich which led to lots of instant meals floating down the road outside.

It then clouded over to almost darkness, hailstoned for an hour and then rained very heavily for 90 minutes.

This led to the drains spouting torrents of water onto the road and pavement and depositing hundreds of dead fish, crabs and lobsters everywhere.

Then the sun came out which is affecting the deceased sealife. So right now it's very smelly round here.

wow that sounds amazing
you should have written books you always got some interesting stories to tell

i'm coming to Greenwich now!

Reaction score
What is up with the weather?

Should have said down Not Up... Ian!

Sounds like FBS had to much drinkies last night:D .... I mean come on now.. it is in the UK they say if you don`t like the weather hang on wait untill tomorrow:wall:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Been beautiful all day here hot and sunny with a nice stiff breeze, and I'm only about 10-15 miles from Flopp's as the crow flies..

Still sunny out there now..:nod:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Well thats one way to stop the muggers & knife crimes then.:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
Well thats one way to stop the muggers & knife crimes then.:p

I gotta confess, Urban London is starting to feel well iffy, those two French students were murdered not very far from me at all and we've had a helluva lot of killings in the capital so far this year.

Never used to worry me, walking the streets late at night here but now I'm starting to wonder.

Depressing.

Reaction score
13 Years ago i used to work near Greenwich & often used to visit a pub after work.
Sadly it seems a lot of old places i went to are becoming no-go areas.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
13 Years ago i used to work near Greenwich & often used to visit a pub after work.
Sadly it seems a lot of old places i went to are becoming no-go areas.

That's your prerogative but my home will never become a no go area for me.

I'm a city boy, born and bred.

You really think you're safer where you are? Mebbe.

Anyhow, seems to me, it's stupid teens, American-influenced, all out to prove who's the hardest. Tossers, all. So it seems an old fool like me is probably not a target.

Sometimes I think we maybe need a war to produce some kind of camaraderie.

But maybe not.

To sum up, my 'hood is not a no go area, unless you want to wrap yourself in cotton wool.

Reaction score
Here in South Africa - Capetown, its cold and wet!!! lekke stormy weather! Winter down here!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
That's your prerogative but my home will never become a no go area for me.

I'm a city boy, born and bred.

You really think you're safer where you are? Mebbe.

Anyhow, seems to me, it's stupid teens, American-influenced, all out to prove who's the hardest. Tossers, all. So it seems an old fool like me is probably not a target.

Sometimes I think we maybe need a war to produce some kind of camaraderie.

But maybe not.

To sum up, my 'hood is not a no go area, unless you want to wrap yourself in cotton wool.

Compulsory one year National Service would sort a lot of youngsters out and give them a good start in life. They could be sent to non combat zones to do aid work.

;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
No offence meant FBS.

None taken, mon ami :)

You have to live here, really, to know what it's like and tbh I've always felt comfortable here.

However, I am aware of what's going on around me, I read the BBC news online.

That latest killing of the kid from Deptford looks like a setup job, not a random killing, I think gang warfare has a lot to answer for.

I have always been against National Service, to me it smacks of being forced to serve one or two years imprisonment because it certainly deprives you of your freedom and liberty for that time.

However, I'm beginning to think it may be a good idea, I like the idea of doing voluntary work in depressed areas of the world.

It may open some youngster's eyes and let them develop some compassion and an apreciation of human life.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
However, I'm beginning to think it may be a good idea, I like the idea of doing voluntary work in depressed areas of the world.

It may open some youngster's eyes and let them develop some compassion and an apreciation of human life.

Exactly
nod.gif

An everyone holding a British passport would be thrown into the melting pot, thats all religions, creeds and faiths, all races and all levels of society. They would have to interact and I'm sure the country would be a better place for it.

It obviously would not be fair to put conscripts in the line of fire in any way. So if they were sent to help out after natural disasters they would not only see that ol blighty is a fab place to live they would experience life in the raw and that will change anyones attitude to life and the society they live in.

As to them loesing a year of their lives for the tens of thousands who now end up on the gravy train of social security I think that they owe the country at least a year.

:p

Ask a Question