What is bottle-necking my PC?

Reaction score
Hey guys not posted on here for a while im stuck at the minute with my computer as its acting quite slow recently. Well basically I built myself a PC around 2-3 years ago, all is well until the past few months when it seems to be running quite slow, especially within the first 5 mins of it being switched off... Im not entirely sure what the problem is but I think its the RAM bottlenecking the PC and before i buy more RAM i wanted to double check to make sure it is the problem not anything else aha.... here are the components any help is much appreciated thanks :)

Attachments

• 154944_472606014676_58084_n.jpg
    154944_472606014676_58084_n.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 162

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
What programs have you got running at start up ?
Have you run your AV to rule out any nasties ?

You can try using Memtest86 to test the memory.

I also say give your PC a good clean up with Ccleaner

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The most common cause of a slowdown is a software nasty.

As ED says, run your AV program (freebies are Microsoft Security Essentials, Antivir, AVG etc) and also an Anti Malware program - Malwarebytes is good and also free.

And again, as ED said, Crap Cleaner and Memtest are both good ideas.

Unlikely to be a RAM 'bottleneck'

Reaction score
just to ad to what Flops and ED said double check your sytem partition isn't gettiing full...that will slow things down and also as well as the above scans maybe do one with F Secure (online free scan)
free and simple. I've found it will often find things that some of the freeware scanners miss..

your system components look very good and I would not expect that Corsair mem to go bad on you...very unlikely I would think..

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_gb/free-tools

Last edited:

Ask a Question