What a day

Reaction score
Today has been a disaster, my lovely brown and white colly bitch Brandy has had to be put to sleep. Although being elderly she loved her walks and at 14 yo was quite sprightly and loved her walks and play with a ball. But today she had two strokes and I had to take her to the vets to be put to sleep, So even an old tough old Bootneck and ex fireman was brought to tears like a child. She was my constant conpanion for 14 years I loved her and she loved me and was the nost beautiful dog a person could have had or known. RIP my lovely girl

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh Bootneck, we are both so sorry for your very sad loss of Brandy. Saying goodbye to such a faithful and loving friend is just devastating. Our thoughts and sympathy go out to you. :cry:

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss Bootneck.
Think of the good times you had for 14years & that her life was a good one with you.

CSB

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear thatBootneck. I feel your pain from when I lost Rocky in June 2013. They become more like family don't they, but remember, you've done the right thing for her and my thoughts go out to you at this time.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that, it must have been so tough for you :( Is that her on the left in your avatar?

Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words and support. It has been a difficult time and rembering all the fun times we had with her also the last days when she did not want to eat she knew it was her time to go and she was 14 yo and she had enough.

Reaction score
Yes Becky that is her in My avatar the middle one Jessy passed away with throat cancer aged 10, on the right Laddy passed away when he was 14. We that is Sarah and I used to do adjility with them, Sarah used to be a trainer for Southern Border Colley and we used to go to compertisions all over the Southeast.
We adopted Taz from the Dogs trust and he is a nervous little boy and with a little bit of love he is gaining confidence and trust in the human race. He has been abused and suffers from nervous aggression but is slowly getting better and he and Brandy got on like a house on fire as soon as she had informed who was the boss. When eh was introduced to the house Taz put his head accross her shoulders to inform her he was dominant, with that she side swiped him with her bottom knocked off his feet and then she sat on him, he looked up to her as if to say " yes my dear anything you say my dear".

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We adopted Taz from the Dogs trust and he is a nervous little boy and with a little bit of love he is gaining confidence and trust in the human race. He has been abused and suffers from nervous aggression but is slowly getting better and he and Brandy got on like a house on fire as soon as she had informed who was the boss. When eh was introduced to the house Taz put his head accross her shoulders to inform her he was dominant, with that she side swiped him with her bottom knocked off his feet and then she sat on him, he looked up to her as if to say " yes my dear anything you say my dear".

That's a great story, sounds like you have a lot of happy memories with her :nod:

Reaction score
Nice story Bootneck.
Sorry to hear your loss.
Sounds like Brandy was luck to have such a great owner in you.:thumb:

Reaction score
Thank you all for your messages of sympathy, yes Brandy is sorely missed but I have to recognise that it was her time. I have many happy memories and photo's of her life with us and there will never be another Brandy in my life but I have Taz who is a different boy with a different personality and we are lucky to have him. RIP Brandy you will be remembered by Sarah and me.

Ask a Question