Welcome Page

When I boot up my Windows XP (Home) Dell Dimension 2400 computer it takes
several minutes because of the number of items in my start-up folder. After
switching on, I can go away and do something else for five minutes before
returning to work from my desktop page. Recently, however, my boot-up has
been interrupted by a Windows Welcome page which annoyingly requires me to
click my user name (no password) before proceeding with the boot-up. This is
just an unnecessary action which I wish to eliminate, but how? Up to about
two weeks ago I just booted up without any such hold-up for a couple of
years. How do I get back to a straightforward boot-up?

neil

If you type "control userpasswords2" into the run command you can remove the
setting "users must use a password to logon"

Neil

neil said:
If you type "control userpasswords2" into the run command you can remove the
setting "users must use a password to logon"

Neil

"barontufsap" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Neil,

Yes, I tried that a couple of times but it didn't work. What eventually
seems to have worked (don't really know why) was booting up in Safe mode via
the F8 key and selecting "Last known good configuration"./

Thanks for your help, though.