Web does not exist?

I copied my website to a new computer and now when I want to publish changes
for the first time on new machine it tells me the web does not exist, would I
like to create a new one, but it won't do anything. Possible proxy settings
are wrong, or something, but I don't kow where to look for way out.

Andrew Murray

Try publishing down from your host/server to the local computer. Copying
files may not transfer all the folders/files that FP requires it those files
such at _vti_ .... etc. If you do a "reverse publish" (remote to local)
then you would have all the files you need.

Then open the Web locally as usual File > Open > Site/Web

Make changes, and publish back to the server, using the "Publish Changed
Pages" option.

It seems the copy does include all files. I think it's more to do with the
connection, rather than the content of the site. Any other suggestions?

Chuck Davis

Paul - South Australia said:
It seems the copy does include all files. I think it's more to do with the
connection, rather than the content of the site. Any other suggestions?
Paul,
Publish as Andrew stated. It is the only solution.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

" files may not transfer all the folders/files that FP requires it those
files such at _vti_"

Note: These files (from the FP server extensions) do *not* publish from one
web/server to another. They are exclusive to the server/web. In fact,
copying them from one machine to another can cause serious problems.
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett

About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
===
"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message

| "Paul - South Australia" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message
| > It seems the copy does include all files. I think it's more to do with
the
| > connection, rather than the content of the site. Any other suggestions?
| >
| > "Andrew Murray" wrote:
| >
| >> Try publishing down from your host/server to the local computer.
Copying
| >> files may not transfer all the folders/files that FP requires it those
| >> files
| >> such at _vti_ .... etc. If you do a "reverse publish" (remote to
local)
| >> then you would have all the files you need.
| >>
| >> Then open the Web locally as usual File > Open > Site/Web
| >>
| >> Make changes, and publish back to the server, using the "Publish
Changed
| >> Pages" option.

| Paul,
| Publish as Andrew stated. It is the only solution.

Okay, thanks guys. Can someone just tell me how to do the 'reverse publish'
please?

Stefan B Rusynko

see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825528&Product=fp2003

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| Okay, thanks guys. Can someone just tell me how to do the 'reverse publish'
| please?
|
| "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
|
| > " files may not transfer all the folders/files that FP requires it those
| > files such at _vti_"
| >
| > Note: These files (from the FP server extensions) do *not* publish from one
| > web/server to another. They are exclusive to the server/web. In fact,
| > copying them from one machine to another can cause serious problems.
| > --
| > ===
| > Tom [Pepper] Willett
| > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
| > ---
| > FrontPage Support:
| > http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
| >
| > About FrontPage 2003:
| > http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
| > ===
| > "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
| > | > |
| > the

| > Copying
| > local)

| > Changed

| > | Paul,
| > | Publish as Andrew stated. It is the only solution.
| > |
| > |

This only tells me how to publish local to remote, which is what I've always
done. How do I publish remote to local to make a copy of the web on a new
computer?