Warrington's Wake

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've already posted these over at BBF, they're hosted, so maybe thought I'd share them with my UK forum.

Sad occasion, but...

My friend Warrington (his real name was Steve Warrington but we always called him Warrington, dunno why) died on June 21st. I found this out when I woke up at the Glastonbury Festival Thursday morning, really not a good start. I’d known him about 20 years, friends of mine had known him longer.

He was 54 years old.

Strange as it may seem, he started going downhill about 4 years ago when his dog died, which is why, I think, I‘ve never owned a dog.

He did seem determined to drink himself to death, he wasn’t happy, we all talked to him, we all tried, but he was found dead in bed by his Mum when she visited him.

We don’t know the cause of death, it was possibly suicide, which is crazy when you think he owned a quarter_million pound poperty, paid for, but somebody suggested it was a burst ulcer. I guess we may never know.

Here’s some pix from his wake: (Taffytcat & Abarbarian, sorry if you can’t see these, but I have very little space on my own ISP)

Me:

001.jpg

Groinna:

002.jpg

Debbie, she spent several years in Boston and now lives in Peckham, lives with Stuart, she is a truly wonderful human being :)

003.jpg

Roy & Severin

004.jpg

Sophie & JUlia:

005.jpg

A rainbow appeared over Warrington's wake, cool

006.jpg

people

007.jpg

People

008.jpg

Groinna, Mike, Bob, Roy, Joy:

009.jpg

Bob & Debbie:

010.jpg

Me & Bob. I know this is not a flattering photo of me, scars/flab/swelling around throat, but ****, this is me and I guess I'm still alive :)

011.jpg

2 frenchmen and an irish gal, we're very multi cultural over here ;)

012.jpg

Gordon; Bob; April; Barry; Sophie; Sylvie

013.jpg

Thames

014.jpg

Thames:

015.jpg

Zoe Richard Sylvie

016.jpg

Julia; Nadia; Sophie; Policeman. Sophie, now aged either 26 or 27 is going out with yet another copper :mad: After about a year we eventually got to almost trust her first policeman boyfriend.

But this guy, we don't know him, Roy asked him what he done for a living and he replied 'A Policeman' Roy had a few palpitations :D

Come on Sophie girl, what's your fetish? You are well lovely, why you gotta partner a pig? ;) Funny old world eh? :D

But seriously, we're gonna have to have a word with her. nobody should introduce a policeman to our social circle, it just ain't on :( That's him in the blue.

017.jpg

The Blues Brothers? Young Baz and Old Baz (his dad)

018.jpg

I only know Christine (the blonde one) in this pic

019.jpg

Me

020.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So, the day after we sent Warrington off to wherever it is ya go when ya snuff it, if, indeed, there's anywhere you go to at all, me and Bob and Roy met up.

I met Roy in '69, we met Bob in '70, we formed the first T F Much Disco together, I guess we go back a while.

Bob's been working in Hong Kong for the last twelve years or so but he flew back for Warrington's funeral, Bob had known him since 1970, which is longer than I'd known him.

All three of us have been through many relationships with many women, we've not contacted for years, we've been together, we've tripped together, we've fought and hit each other, we've helped each other and we've cussed each other :D

But we're all still here. None of us, oddly enough, with regular female company. Ho hum.

Anyways, we met up about 1pm with a pint at the Gypsy Moth pub in Greenwich. Travelled on the Docklands Light Railway to Canary Wharf, visited several watering holes there. For me, it was the first time I'd been on the DLR, which is odd cos it's been here 10 years.

From Canary Wharf, where we had discussed Gay Guys, Geisha Girls, Indian Girls who give very sensuous massages, Triad gangs in Hong Kong and Phillipine prostitutes :eek: (and no, I've never been with a prossie in me life, lol) we got a tube train to the O2, or the Dome, as it was once known.

To be honest, it was frickin' boring, load of old cobblers, we were told to move 'into the designated area' when drinking a drink outside a bar in there. blow that, won't be going back. And SO much security, it was a joke, they was all eyeballing us, constantly.

Yes, I know, that Bin Laden fekker wants to blow me up but this was over the top :mad:

So, Goodbye Dome, despite the really nice hostess gals, despite the 'dance in front of vid camera to dance tune.video of your choice and we're e-mail it to you' thingie (we requested Captain Beefheart and got Fat Boy Slim :eek: ) it was sterile.

And on another train to The Anchor pub, Thameside, near London Bridge. I been drinking here on and off since the mid-seventies when Roy ran a rehearsal/recording studios at Clink Street. I think we may be able to lay claim to running the first ever London rave parties here cos I played a disco all night (speeding, lol) in a disused warehouse.

Well, ya know, it takes a little imagination :D

So, on to the pictures, no captions, I'm in there, read the above text to get a clue what's going on.

The big spiky thing reminds me of Half Life One, lol ;)

Oh, the young girl is Ruby, April & Steve's daughter :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend Steve, Flops - but thanks for sharing the story :thumb: It looks like you guys made the most of it all and had a good reunion :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sad to hear about your friend Steve, but you all gave him a really good send-off Flops, and ordering that rainbow was a really nice touch :)

The "next day" pics are great - just like taking a tour with you and your mates :thumb: I loved those life-sized cows :eek: As you've gathered, I can actually SEE your pics today.... but I have no idea why, because nothing has changed at my end... Thank you for sharing :thumb: :D

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
Sorry about Steve, Flops.

But that is the way to say adios!, I'm sure he would have approved.
nod.gif

Reaction score
Some fantastic pictures there mate.

I'm sure you have some amazing memories of your friend aswell

Ask a Question