Wanted - Text editor with page tabs

miskairal

Hi all,

I really want a text editor that will show each page as tabs like Excell
shows worksheets as tabs.

I have note tab lite but it appears I can't insert graphics/pics into
that and that is one of the few requirements I have. The only other
things I want are to be able to make some text bold and to change a font
colour at times.

Is there any freeware out there that can do that?

Cheers
miskairal

The Six Million Dollar Man

miskairal said:
Hi all,

I really want a text editor that will show each page as tabs like Excell
shows worksheets as tabs.

I have note tab lite but it appears I can't insert graphics/pics into
that and that is one of the few requirements I have. The only other
things I want are to be able to make some text bold and to change a font
colour at times.

Is there any freeware out there that can do that?

Cheers
miskairal

Golden Section Notes uses a tree structure instead of tabs, otherwise it
seems to be what you are looking for.

http://www.buzzys.net/GSNotes.html

--
"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says
something about human nature that the only form of life we have created

-- Stephen Hawking --

REM

I really want a text editor that will show each page as tabs like Excell
shows worksheets as tabs.
I have note tab lite but it appears I can't insert graphics/pics into
that and that is one of the few requirements I have. The only other
things I want are to be able to make some text bold and to change a font
colour at times.
Is there any freeware out there that can do that?

Hmmm, Atlantis Nova shows each open _file_ in tabs like Excel and is
very good at inserting graphics and keeping the resulting file size
small.

Atlantis Nova
http://www.rssol.com/en/html/download/nova.htm

I don't recall one that displays each page in tabs...

(ProteanThread)

miskairal said:
Hi all,

I really want a text editor that will show each page as tabs like Excell
shows worksheets as tabs.

I have note tab lite but it appears I can't insert graphics/pics into
that and that is one of the few requirements I have. The only other
things I want are to be able to make some text bold and to change a font
colour at times.

Is there any freeware out there that can do that?

Cheers
miskairal

kpad, smaller than anything mentioned so far.

Mel

kpad, smaller than anything mentioned so far.
kPad is a lightweight text editor that works with RTF and TXT file
formats.

It's an example of using the WTL library and RichEdit control, and is
based on the MTPad sample from the Microsoft SDK.

Features:
- Sheets control
- Find and Replace custom dialogs
- Small size (104 Kb)

http://www.codeproject.com/wtl/kpad.asp

Susan Bugher

REM said:
This appears to be the author's site:

http://www.kellysoftware.com/software/KPad.asp

"Registration for an Individual license: only $10.00 (USD);"

Do you know the last freeware version? Or, what version are you using?

He's probably referring to this app:

Program: kPad
Author: (Konstantin Boukreev)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.xtort.net/office/word3.php

home page
http://www.codeproject.com/wtl/kpad.asp?print=true

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com.gr/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

REM

Nope! Who is he?

He helped us get a php script to sort by topic on the page that lists
several editors and word processors. My mistake. It's been awhile and
I just wanted to say hello.

REM

Author: (Konstantin Boukreev)
Ware: (Freeware)
http://www.xtort.net/office/word3.php

The search just returned the PL mention, duh.

It is a really nice 104k, no install, text and RTF editor!

It is listed as v1.0, pre-release beta from 2000 in the "About" part.
I wonder if it went any further. I can see no signs.

miskairal

This would have been perfect if I could work out how to insert graphics.

I didn't understand the speak at the site eg. "It's an example of using
the WTL library and RichEdit control, and is based on the MTPad sample
from the Microsoft SDK". I downloaded an exe with the word demo in it's
name so I don't even know if I got the right thing. I don't know what to
do with "source files".

Doesn't do quite what I want but I will keep it anyway. So small, no
install!!

Thanks.

miskairal

Ok so it's not pretty but it will do what I want. I think it might be a
good replacement for Tombo too which I am currently using to save notes
but which doesn't allow insertion of graphics.

To be able to use one program for two purposes sounds good to me :)

Thankyou.

miskairal

Hmm, Just started downloading from Buzzy's site which says the download
is 700kb and a few lines down 850kb zipped but the download link is
giving me a 4.4MB download direct from the tgslabs site.

The GoldenSecionNotes site says version 2.8 is $24.95
and
"Please refer to the product documentation for information on the
difference between the evaluation and full versions."
so I guess I have to download it to find out what I am getting?

Is there an older, free version out there that is smaller than this one?

miskairal

Thanks REM. Not quite what I'm after but still a useful programme to
keep in mind.

Cheers
miskairal