Windows XP W2K Scheduled Task: Run interactive task when runas another user

Reaction score
Hi Friends and Windows Experts,

How can I run Scheduled Tasks interactively in the foreground when using a different account (an account different from the logon user) in the Runas box?

What I mean is I have an interactive Visual Basic application. I scheduled it to run. If it's set in the runas to use the logon user, then the GUI pops up. However, if in the runas box, I set a different user (different from the logon user) to run the program, then GUI won't pop up (it becomes a background task)

Thanks very much.

Rgds.,
Fan.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think you might have to do it manually for each user. Does windows allow you to not enter anything and run as the current user? I know there is a box that tells it to run only if someone is logged on.

Reaction score
With Windows task scheduler you have to specify the account that will be used to run the task. end of.

there maybe third party software that performs the fuction your after.

try http://www.downloads.com

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there any utilities that can bring a Windows background task (running by a different user) back to interactive then?

Thanks.

Rgds.,
Fan.

Ask a Question