Windows XP Schedule Tasks to run interactively without being logged in

Reaction score
Hi all,

I running overnight tests which uses windows form. If I run the tests in command prompt when i'm logged in, the tests work pefectly fine. However if I schedule the task through Scheduled Tasks wizard and run at midnight when no one is logged in i get the follwoing error:

System.InvalidOperationException : It is invalid to show a modal dialog or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.

To overcome this I've tried to schedule it running the AT command using the /interactive command. This woks perfectly fine if you use the default user login for the AT command which is the local system. However I do not want to run the task under local system because before I run the tests I need to check out some files using cvs which requires my user login details. So i change the default account of the AT scheduler to be my account. This works fine but the tests seem to freeze when it attempts to load up dialogue boxes. For some reason they do not appear and my tests hang around looking for them.

If it works for local system but hangs for my user login, there must be some internal permissioning that prevents my login from displaying these dialogues. Has any1 come across this or has any1 got any ideas to over come this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Nik

Ask a Question