Windows XP Task Scheduler problem

Reaction score
I now have a clearer picture:
My PC has just started giving a "some scheduled tasks did not execute" error message about tasks which are set as "run only if logged on" - after the computer has been off or hibernating. There is no error message (i.e. the tasks don't try to run) if I log off and leave the PC on.

I noticed this with the User_Feed_Synchronization task, which has always worked without error messages until recently. However, the same thing happens to any other tasks I create.

Surely "run only if logged on" should mean these tasks don't expect to run when the PC is off or hibernating? Any ideas??

Windows XP Home Edition v2002 SP2, AVG Free

Example from Task Sched Log:

"User_Feed_Synchronization-{4C56C151-EFE5-4FFD-ADC9-E9E7E413CD6D}.job" (msfeedssync.exe)
Started 28/01/2008 17:07:00
"User_Feed_Synchronization-{4C56C151-EFE5-4FFD-ADC9-E9E7E413CD6D}.job" (msfeedssync.exe)
Finished 28/01/2008 17:07:20
Result: The task completed with an exit code of (0).
"Task Scheduler Service"
Some tasks may not have executed at their scheduled times between 28/01/2008 17:07:01 and 29/01/2008 23:13:02, either because the Task Scheduler Service was not running, or because the computer was hibernating.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You now have a clearer picture than what?

Does this new thread relate to an earlier thread?

Because on it's own it really isn't making a lot of sense.

If this is an ongoing problem, please post in your original thread.

Thank you :)

Reaction score
My earlier message didn't describe the problem so well and can be ignored, so I posted as a new thread, which I guess i shouldn't have!

I now realise the error message has appeared since I subscribed to a feed - which must have created the Task.
The User_Feed_Synchronization task is set to "run only if logged on". Surely this should mean these tasks don't expect to run when the PC is off or hibernating? There is no error message (i.e. the tasks don't try to run) if I log off and leave the PC on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am working on a Windows 2003 Server and when I create a scheduled task to backup the data on the hard drive and setup a time for the task to stop if failed, the task will not actually stop. I was wondering what could cause this issue? Please let me know.

Ask a Question