Windows Vista Vista wont pick up graphics card!

Reaction score
Hi
Built my comp last night and installed vista all went very well apart from 1 thing, it wont pick up my graphics card! And when i install the drivers for it, it then asks to restart which is fine gets to the loading bar loads and then just a blank screen comes up! So i switch it off and then start windows in last known good condition and it boots up fine! But still with the same issue of saying im iseing a standard VGA Adapter! Which 1GB of Nvidia board is not! lol anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Rusty

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys! But i cant see any options in the bios to do with this! I will go have a read of manual!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just had a quick look on my pc and its under advanced bios features then init display frist. It can also be under advanced chipset features aswel once at the init display chnage it to either PCIE or auto.

That shold fix it. :)

Wiz

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! Im in the bios and have two options in the advanced chipset thing. PCI/PEG or PEG/PCI i have changed it to pci first but it is still useing the standard adaptor! :(

Reaction score
Rusty149 said:
Thanks for your help! Im in the bios and have two options in the advanced chipset thing. PCI/PEG or PEG/PCI i have changed it to pci first but it is still useing the standard adaptor! :(

Ok try and change it to PEG and see if that works, Did you remove your old drivers frist? What motherboard do you have in your pc?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Ok i will have another play in a min! And i have an Asus mobo! There were old drivers as everything was brand new! Thanks for all your help!

Ask a Question