Windows XP computer wont start up properly

Reaction score
Hi im hoping someone can help m i have an Acer Aspire T180 and last night it was working fine. I have gone to turn it on this morning and nothing it turns on and i can hear the fans etc starting up and on my monitor i get the Acer screen with the Del:enter setup and f12: boot menu on the bottom but thats where it freezeds. My mouse wont work my keyboard wont work nothing. I am completely stuck does anyone have any ideas what i can do ?????? Any advice would be great thanks :)

Reaction score
Could be that the CPU fan isnt working and it's causing the pc to overheat and freeze. Try unplugging everything and just leaving the Monitor and power connected, does it come up with a keyboard error, eg no keyboard attatched, if so then try reconnecting just the keyboard and mouse and try again, if that still doesnt work look's like either an overheating issue or a motherboard/cpu issue to me...at the Acer screen if you push the Tab button does it bring up any text or anything(this normally gets rid of the logo so you can see the POST details)

Cheers....

Ask a Question