Windows Vista Alter partition

Reaction score
I have an Amd Athlon Acer Aspire T180-197Z. I use Windows Vista 32 home basic. There is a C (Acer)drive with 34 gb and a D (data) drive with 33.6 gb. The C drive is all ways full and the D drive normally has just a few gbs of space so i have bought a 1tb external drive. My question is can i open the patrition of the c and d drives to make them one and just use them for my programs and use the external drive for all my downloads and games. If it is possible without losing memory i would be obliged for any help as to how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
terryco said:
I have an Amd Athlon Acer Aspire T180-197Z. I use Windows Vista 32 home basic. There is a C (Acer)drive with 34 gb and a D (data) drive with 33.6 gb. The C drive is all ways full and the D drive normally has just a few gbs of space so i have bought a 1tb external drive. My question is can i open the patrition of the c and d drives to make them one and just use them for my programs and use the external drive for all my downloads and games. If it is possible without losing memory i would be obliged for any help as to how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Erm are you sure about the figures you give for hard drive size ???
Your machine should have a 160gig drive...C:\ ...been the Lovcal drive and D:\ you shouldn't be able to see as this is the recovery partition...
My answer to can you open C: and D: drives would be no, not even with a fresh install, you can't get rid of ACER's recovery partition...
I I would serioulsy run some kind of scans on your machine...Those HDD sizes sound extremely small....

Trend micro Housecall
Super Anti Spyware
Malware bytes
Ccleaner

Run thenm and check back after...

Reaction score
No its not a recovery partition its a data drive. The pc is 80gb and its split in half. I use the spyware and cleaners you suggest regular and theres no problems. The drives are the original ones that came with the pc when i bought it from a retail shop.

Ask a Question