Windows Vista Vista Startup Error ?

Reaction score
I'm running vista but keep getting a a startup error ,firstly with a flashing cursor in the top lefthand corner of screen which eventually gives a Windows Error Recovery screen, I run through Startup Repair, which it seems to restore to a previous Restore point. I can then start Windows as normal.

But then when I come to log on again I have the exact same problem again ? Especially if the PC's been off for any length of time eg overnight ?

Can someone help ?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
When Windows Vista's initial loading sequence detects a startup failure, it automatically fails over to the Startup Repair Tool. Once the Startup Repair Tool takes control, it begins analyzing startup log files for clues as to the source of the problem and then launches a series of diagnostic tests to determine the cause of the startup failure. Once the Startup Repair Tool determines the cause of the failure, it attempts to fix the problem automatically.

If the Startup Repair Tool successfully repairs the problem, it will then reboot the system. It then notifies the user of the repairs and files a detailed report in the new and improved Windows Vista event log that clearly identifies the cause of the problem as well as the solution.

If the Startup Repair Tool can identify the cause of the problem, but can't repair the problem by itself, it will provide access to a set of tools that you can use to manually troubleshoot the problem further.

If the Startup Repair Tool is unsuccessful in its attempt to identify or repair the problem, it will roll back the system to the last configuration that was known to work. The Startup Repair Tool will then add detailed information about the problem to the Windows Vista event log.
Need more info on your system, is this a clean install of Vista? What PC is this?

Go to the Start button and type in Event Viewer into the search bar ... it will/should be the first program at the top of the list. Run it.

Sorry to say, but I cannot help you in interpreting the Event log ... although you can get some 'help' on-line.

user.gif

Ask a Question