Vista keeps freezing

I have searched the net, checked the other discussions and im still at a loss.

I have a brand new computer that i have just had made for me. it is running
a vista trial version that they put on. i was going to put XP on straight
away but thought i would try it out.

I have a core 2 duo e6300
with a gigabyte 945pl-s3 motherboard.
i have 2 gb of ram
512MB asus 7600gs graphics card with Nvidia
it has 430 watts of power

The problem is it freezes every couple of minutes... and even on reboot it
sometimes freezes. i have gone into internet explorer 7 and turned off the
add ons.

i have also run vistas own pwerformance thingo and it seems to believe that
everything is up to scratch.

the graphics driver is up to date as well.

I have tried to install a motherboard moniter but never have enough time
beofre to freezes.

ctrl+shift+esc dosnt seem to work either and the mouse wont move when it
freezes.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide me before i decide to go back to
trusty XP

nick

there is no trial...

perhaps you mean it is a RC or a BETA?

Perhaps you mean its vista without activation and product key?

Explain....

As i said, The people i purchased it from installed it for me. i was told
that it is a 30 day trial and on the introduction screen it tells me how many
days left...

Just went and rebooted it (im on another computer) and it seems that it is
windows ultimate and i will have to activate it in 29 days but it does have a
product key.

Josh

nick

that is not called a trial Josh...

it is the FULL vista OS, and you are on whats called a "grace period".
This means that you have 30 days to activate it with a legit product key...
and then it will work forever.

I know this sounds similar to a trial.. but microsoft never used that
terminology for
the pre-activation period. They call it grace period.

i thought maybe this could be the case but it has 3 large fans inside it all
working fine. i can let it idle for a fair while but once you start moving
around it freezes... i havtn played a game on it yet so i cant imagine it is
overheating. i havnt been able to download a temperature moniter.

Nick i woudl appreciate your help.... but your not helping the situation..

Josh

mikeyhsd

take it back and tell them to fix it, this is not normal behavior.

(e-mail address removed)@sport.rr.com

[...]

If it is any help I would look at your power supply 450w doesnt seem adequate
for what you have running in your pc

Joel

Is that you are using IE7 not FireFox :D. Even though that probably has nothing to do with Vista freezing probably. The first step I would take is starting your computer off in DOS and just delete your partition, and make a new one to install XP on it. You may also have a hardware problem. If you see any errors such as parity errors it may be because you have faulty RAM or your motherboard is not compatible with it. Your power supply may also be going bad, or your CPU may be overheating. That's just a number of things I'm throwing out there that may be wrong.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Max

Hint: the mirror of this forum/newsgroup on web-based 'egghead cafe' is one
of the worst ever.
Just skip any post with their tag on it.
Nothing is ever quoted, nobody knows who they are talking to (and in many
cases, about what or why) and the whole thing is as lame as can be.
Anybody who uses it... well, you can fill in the blanks.

Tom Willett

<.> wrote in message | But can one become an MVP there? If so what do your comments matter?

If the posts are senseless, one wouldn't become a MVP.

| | > Hint: the mirror of this forum/newsgroup on web-based 'egghead cafe' is
| > one of the worst ever.
| > Just skip any post with their tag on it.
| > Nothing is ever quoted, nobody knows who they are talking to (and in
many
| > cases, about what or why) and the whole thing is as lame as can be.
| > Anybody who uses it... well, you can fill in the blanks.
| >
| > --
| > Maxwell Bluemeanie
| > ------

| >> presumably is an answer to?
| >>
| >> "Joel" wrote in message | >>> Is that you are using IE7 not FireFox :D. Even though that probably
has
Your

If Her Majesty was going to knight me for dribbling I would dribble.

You are breaching the rules of behavioural economics. Shape up or ship out.

We KNOW you a status seeking monkey. All life is (well some are just status
seeking mammals).

Tom Willett

Oh, *another TROLL*

<.> wrote in message | If Her Majesty was going to knight me for dribbling I would dribble.

| You are breaching the rules of behavioural economics. Shape up or ship
out.

| We KNOW you a status seeking monkey. All life is (well some are just
status
| seeking mammals).

No. Monkey, can't you read.

I do have a dead relo known as Lady Lackey. And the Duke of York (2nd in
line) did impregnate a relo in the 1700s.

DP

Thanks for the tip, Max. I read this group in Windows Mail (or Outlook
Express when in XP x64). So, I'm not sure I will know this comes from the
Egghead Cafe until I get to the end of the message.
But once I get to the end, at least I'll know I wasted my time getting
there.