Virus Infection?

jcurtis138

My computer is telling me in a Spyware Alert that a virus called
Worm.Win32.NetSky is on my hard drive and it wants me to remove it
immediately. It is also saying that I have some Trojan viruses and some
adware crap that needs to be removed.
Including this messege: Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click
here to scan your computer for spyware and adware...
This messege comes up at the top of Internet Explorer 7 just like my PopUp
Blocker.
And this messege is in a Windows Secuity Alert box: Windows has detected an
Internet attack attempt... Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware
or harmful viruses. Run full system scan now to protect yourPC from Internet
attacks, hijacking attempts and spyware! Chlick here to download spyware
remover for total protection. (OK/Cancel)
These messeges pop up constantly and all they do is take me to antivirus
websites.
I tried to download XP Antivirus, and now it won't remove anything until I
buy it. I do not know how to get rid of the "Viruses" and their annoying
pop-ups. I tried to go into Add/Remove Programs to remove any Adware or
Spyware programs and I even tried to uninstall XP Antivirus, but its not
there! And, I cannot remove that file in Programs. it says: cannot move
xpantiviruspro.exe : Access Denied.
GOOD GRIEF

Elmo

jcurtis138 said:
My computer is telling me in a Spyware Alert that a virus called
Worm.Win32.NetSky is on my hard drive and it wants me to remove it
immediately. It is also saying that I have some Trojan viruses and some
adware crap that needs to be removed.
Including this message: Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click
here to scan your computer for spyware and adware...
This message comes up at the top of Internet Explorer 7 just like my PopUp
Blocker.
And this message is in a Windows Security Alert box: "Windows has detected an
Internet attack attempt... Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware
or harmful viruses. Run full system scan now to protect yourPC from Internet
attacks, hijacking attempts and spyware! Click here to download spyware
remover for total protection. (OK/Cancel)"
These messages pop up constantly and all they do is take me to antivirus
websites.
I tried to download XP Antivirus, and now it won't remove anything until I
buy it. I do not know how to get rid of the "Viruses" and their annoying
pop-ups. I tried to go into Add/Remove Programs to remove any Adware or
Spyware programs and I even tried to uninstall XP Antivirus, but its not
there! And, I cannot remove that file in Programs. it says: cannot move
xpantiviruspro.exe : Access Denied.
GOOD GRIEF

Try one of these Virus Removal Tools:

Avast! One tool for any current virus

Symantec Virus Removal Tools
http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/removaltools.jsp

F-Secure Virus Removal Tools
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tools
http://www.kaspersky.com/removaltools

For spyware:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blaster

lizalake

Try one of these VirusRemovalTools:

Avast! One tool for any current virushttp://www.avast.com/eng/avast-virus-cleaner.html

Symantec VirusRemovalToolshttp://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/removaltools.jsp

F-Secure VirusRemovalToolshttp://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

Kaspersky VirusRemovalToolshttp://www.kaspersky.com/removaltools

For spyware:

Spybot Search & Destroyhttp://spybot.eon.net.au/http://www.safer-networking.org/http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guidehttp://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/

Ad-Awarehttp://www.lavasoftusa.com/http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blasterhttp://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblas...net-integration.net/tools/spywareblaster.html

This seems to be a brand new virus. My neighbor got it on Jan 3rd as
it seems everyone else has as well. I have run every program and
removal tool and none of them detect it. Not even hijackthis! If you
google a search on xpantiviruspro you'll only find a couple of pages
on it and all of them posted within the past three days.

The best you can do right now is write whoever it is you use for virus
protection and alert them to the new virus so they can get a fix as
quickly as possible. I've hit a brick wall with this one myself. Blah.
I'll keep checking for updates.

Shenan Stanley

jcurtis138 said:
My computer is telling me in a Spyware Alert that a virus called
Worm.Win32.NetSky is on my hard drive and it wants me to remove it
immediately. It is also saying that I have some Trojan viruses
and some adware crap that needs to be removed.
Including this message: Warning: possible spyware or adware
infection! Click here to scan your computer for spyware and
adware...
This message comes up at the top of Internet Explorer 7 just like
my PopUp Blocker.
And this message is in a Windows Security Alert box: "Windows has
detected an Internet attack attempt... Somebody's trying to
infect your PC with spyware or harmful viruses. Run full system
scan now to protect yourPC from Internet attacks, hijacking
attempts and spyware! Click here to download spyware remover for
total protection. (OK/Cancel)"
[...]

Worm.Win32.NetSky??
http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/encyclopedia?virusid=49456

It and its many variants have been around and slightly changing, morphing,
spreading since at least 2005, I think.

Leythos

pcbutts1 said:
Download Remove-it [porno site link removed]

Why would you direct people to a site that you've put porno files on?

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

pcbutts1

Leythos the stalker has followed me to another group. Warning! he will reply
to me to every post I make.