Windows XP Video Problem

Reaction score
I have a Dell Precision 670 desktop. I can't get Microsoft Flight Simulator to work after a fresh install of Windows XP. I have downloaded and installed DirectX. The video driver seems to be working since I can run streaming video OK. I went to the Dell download for drivers and there are 16 of them. My video card is ATI-102-B17002(B). I downloaded and installed the drivers for ATI. Flight Simulator was working OK before the fresh installation of Windows XP. Does anyone have an idea what else I can do?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Perhaps a better definition of "can't get it to work" would help. Does the video skip? Errors?

You could try to lower the resolution or change the way windows handles it's graphics. Start>Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance>Adjust for best Performance

That will remove the shadowing and pretty graphics of Windows. If you have a Dell installation of XP, Clear your startup and stop any Dell Specific programs. Stop your AV software and Spyware apps. Basically, remove anything that is not Windows and MFS.

That's where I would start.

Reaction score
Can't get ti to work means cannot enable directx. Fixed it. Replaced video card .

Ask a Question