Video Display Adapter Problem

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with a flickering screen. Somebody on a help forum suggested uninstalling the display adapter then rebooting so that Windows would re-install it. I did this, but when I rebooted it the adapter wasn't re-installed, instead I found that I had the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. My computer is now very slow and the display is blocky and the icons and text very large.

How can I re-install my adapter (Intel (R) GMA 946GZ Express Chipset Family)? I have googled the adaptor but so far have not had much luck.

Reaction score
OK first of all you need to provide us with Brand and model of your laptop. This chipset is used in a few versions so simply guessing wont help. Different vendors will use their own settings so being a little more specific will help us, help you.

I found lots on that particular chipset, but was unable to go any further because make and model was not available :)

Reaction score
I was eventually able to download the Intel (R) GMA 946GZ Express Chipset Family driver and everything is now back to normal. Also the monitor no longer flickers.

Ask a Question