Very scary

Reaction score
A freind of mine recently bought a refurb/recon laptop for his daughter to do her college work on from a very well known retailer..This evening he gave me a call to ask if I knew how to recover any accidently deleted files..As i'd use Recuva in the past and was more than happy with it, I suggested it to him..About an hour ago he called me sounding very disgusted..I asked why and he proceeded to tell me that Recuva had recovered houndreds of images..Lets just say these are not the sort of images you'd have in a family album or even in the stash of magazines hidden behind the weed killer in the shed..
He made the desicion to hand the laptop iin at our local Police station first thing in the morning..
Question is, how formatted/refurbed/reconned are the things we buy..And what would have happened had he taken this laptop in to a shop to be looked at and they found said images..??Pretty scary stuff if you ask me....:mad: :wall:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate, was a Military Policeman for 5 years a saw a bit of indecent stuff, not pretty, especially when there is kids involved.

Fair one mate, the only way it wouldn't be him in jail is if they were downloaded images, cause then the Police can track the IP through the trace left on the HDD.

Guess he will be wanting a refund then?

Ask a Question