Using two mouse: one for lefties, one for righties

G

I had no problem getting two mouse (mice) to work together on our PC. I'm trying to find out how I can switch the primary and secondary buttons for just one mouse. It will be used by a left-handed person, while the other mouse will be for the right-handed members of the family. Any idea how to apply this setting for a single mouse instead of all connected mouse
Note: our Windows XP has a single user profile, and I do not wish to set up individual profiles for each family member and make them log in and out just for mouse configuration.
Thanks, Ma

A

anonymous

Your making it complicated for yourself. Go to start, then to "help and
support"( there's alot of stuff in here that is ummm, help), then search for
"switch mouse buttons".Give each user his/her own account. Remove one mouse
(save it as a spare) and have each user go to his account and set his/her
mouse the way they want it.

G

Thanks for your advice. I know that using multiple accounts in an option. But as I mentioned in my original question, I don't want users to have to log in and out just to change the mouse setting (several times a day). That's certainly too complicated, and I don't want to have to create accounts just for this. I'm hoping there's a way to set properties (one time) for an individual mouse rather than for all mouse. If any Microsoft hardware genius knows how to do this, I'd love to hear from them!

A

anonymous

It won't be so bad if you use fast user switching and no passwords. You'll
also be able to have the internet connection available for all users with
fast user switching. There may possibly be a way to accomplish what you want
but there hasn't been any replies to your post stating such so.... good
luck.

Ask a Question