Mad Catz R.A.T. TE Gaming Mouse

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Legit Reviews have been taking a look at the Mad Catz R.A.T. TE Gaming Mouse - it certainly doesn't win points for good looks, so is the performance worth the price?

"Mad Catz has introduced a new mouse to their R.A.T. gaming mouse lineup that features a new suffix and with a new set of features to boot. The R.A.T. TE, labeled as a Tournament Edition gaming mouse, is designed to be the swiftest R.A.T. mouse while retaining most of the characteristics of the namesake.

The R.A.T. TE retains the same plated modular appearance as the other R.A.T. mice, but with some features that make it special in its own way. Three mouse profiles can be created in the control software called Mad Catz A.P.P. and are identified by colored LED indicator lights on the mouse. The metal base found in all other R.A.T. mice has been replaced with plastic to substantially reduce weight. An updated laser sensor is featured with superior lift-off tracking compared to other gaming mice. In addition, this is also the first R.A.T. mouse that has blue and black as the color theme. Returning R.A.T. features include one adjustable lengthwise piece, programmable mouse macro buttons, and toggleable DPI including a Precision Aim mode."

rat_te_07-645x387.jpg

Read more here.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have the RAT 5, and I was about to point out that the "driver profile" you setup does not load when Windows does. I've always had to try and remember to click on my profile to activate it.

Well, I just found a out how.

You may also set a profile of your choice to automatically load into your controller at Windows start-up. To do this, right click on the small controller icon next to your clock to bring up the profile menu. Right click the profile you wish to set and select Set as Startup Profile. If you ever wish to clear this then select Clear Startup from the Profile menu.

Source

it's only been 3 years, I think. :lol:

CSB

Reaction score
Doesn't really appeal to me this. Looks like a skaters Knee pad lol

I'm sure it's a very nice product though for those who like a colourful set up.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
it's actually very comfortable, and, with the hand covering it, who is going to see the colour.

you're better of with the #5 anyway, it has a side scrolling thumb wheel ... and a lot cheaper :)

Ask a Question