    normal numbered lists.

    What I wanted to do is to use numbers e.g. 1, 2, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4, 5, etc. .
    How can I create that kind of ListNum fields?

    ssFinland, Apr 8, 2008

  2. ssFinland

    Stefan Blom Guest

    Create an outline-numbered list with 1, 2, 3, ... for level 1 and a, b, c,
    .... for level 2. Then apply level 1 to text and use { LISTNUM \L 2 } to
    insert a level 2 number within the same paragraph.

    Alternatively, use SEQ fields. These give you full control over numbering,
    but the downside is that they only update semi-automatically (for example,
    when switching to Print Preview).

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP