User Profiles

S

Steve

I promise you guys, I wouldn't be on here if I hadn't exhausted EVERY avenue to rectify the niggling problem that I'm experiencing!

OK enough of the waffle, here goes...

I'm using Outlook 2007 and have set up two profiles My Wife and I - They work thankfully BUT I have one problem. Everytime (without exception) I fire up my laptop and click on the outlook icon there is no Prompt to use a user profile - it opens up my wife's profile automatically. I then close outlook down and restart it and it then prompts for a Profile.

I've tried everything I know to resolve this issue and searched the net for other solutions - as far as I can see there are no other programs attaching themselves to outlook prompting it to open on startup although apparantly that would be the only conclusion to come too - Any ideas form the Experts?

A few Screenshots...

After closing down and restarting Outlook...

Email Settings...

Task Manager when Outlook is Closed...

Even if I don't get an answer I suppose this Forum has at least given me a chance to vent my frustrations :blush:

Thanks For Listening!

Steve

G

Gordon

Steve said:
I promise you guys, I wouldn't be on here if I hadn't exhausted EVERY
avenue to rectify the niggling problem that I'm experiencing!

OK enough of the waffle, here goes...

I'm using Outlook 2007 and have set up two profiles My Wife and I -

a bit of lateral thinking - why not create a separate User Login for your
wife? That would immediately negate the need for more than one profile...and
BTW, you didn't mention what OS you are using....

S

Steve

Hi Gordon,

Many thanks for the reply - I'm on windows XP, apologies for not mentioning that.

I could set up a separate user profile but I'd just prefer to be able to switch (almost) simultaneously between the two to negate the trouble of changing profiles too.

It's worked before on the same computer (using Outlook 2003) but has only recently started doing this and I find it very frustrating!

Thanks Again for taking the time to respond.

Steve

Ask a Question