Used CCleaner, now can't download or save -

Reaction score
Hi guys, just doing a clean out on PC, defrag, virus scanning etc as i usually do say once a week.

Updated to newest version of CCleaner and saw Registry cleaner thing, so scanned and quite alot came up, so i assumed pressing fix problem now would sort these "things" out. Now when i go to download stuff as usual, the following comes up (picture provided) so how can i fix this?! I've gone into Mozilla to change download location, yet it still says the same thing, thanks.

Hmmm great, now when i go to save picture in paint it says save was interrupted?! Meh, what in gods name.

So when i go to download it says - (inset file location) could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder. Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location.

Any help appreciated!

(Thinking of doing a system restore?!)

EDIT: Scrap system restore, my stupid computer doesn't seem to have one, even though i set one up not so long ago.

Reaction score
When you did the Registry cleaner bit in CCleaner do tell me that you mad a back up of the registry..? It does ask you if you want to or not...If you did use the back up..Also what ever pic you attached we can't see it...Did you set a restore point before you did all this..? You could try doing a restore and see if this makes any change...

Reaction score
Like Madx said I hope you have done a backup of the changes if so then you can restore the registry file and see what happens.

Reaction score
Yes i did the back up, i've clicked it and it says its put it back successfully, but still to no avail.

In my edit i said my computer doesn't have the restore point up, even though i set it up not to long ago.

Reaction score
Hmmm just required a restart so it seems, thank god for that! Now to fix AVG which bummed out afterwards!

Thanks anyways <3

Reaction score
Belloni said:
Yes i did the back up, i've clicked it and it says its put it back successfully, but still to no avail.

In my edit i said my computer doesn't have the restore point up, even though i set it up not to long ago.

Sorry m8, I think I had replied before you did your edit..Glad you got it sorted though...

Ask a Question