USB mass storage device errors

G

XP's device manager shows yellow exclamation points next to my Imagemate sandisk, HP PSC 2210 printer and the Iomega 250 zip drive, all of which contain storage capability handled by the USB controller. I have the latest drivers and have uninstalled, unplugged, reinstalled and replugged drivers and devices with no success - whenever the wizard tries to install the driver, it generates the code 28 error message. I have the lates XP SP1 packs but they don't correct the problem. Can any one help? thanks

R

Rich Barry

Take a look here http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/11113.html
What make and model Motherboard do you have?

ivanlegrand said:
XP's device manager shows yellow exclamation points next to my Imagemate
sandisk, HP PSC 2210 printer and the Iomega 250 zip drive, all of which
contain storage capability handled by the USB controller. I have the latest
drivers and have uninstalled, unplugged, reinstalled and replugged drivers
and devices with no success - whenever the wizard tries to install the
driver, it generates the code 28 error message. I have the lates XP SP1
packs but they don't correct the problem. Can any one help? thanks

G

I have a P4 Titan, GA-8LD533 series with the Intel 845GL chipset. 40Gb HDD, 512 Mb SDRAM..
thanks for your interest
ivan

P

Peter Hutchison

I have a P4 Titan, GA-8LD533 series with the Intel 845GL chipset. 40Gb HDD, 512 Mb SDRAM...
thanks for your interest,
ivan

And?
Error messages?
Anything in the Event Logs?
Are USB devices working in Device Manager?

Please provide MORE information.

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/

G

I get the code 28 error message when the wizard tries to load the driver. All USB devices that are connected in the Device Manager are showing the yellow exclamation. As stated earlier, when I attempt to load the driver, the wizard says that an error has occured and that the data is invalid. No entries are generated in the event logs for these driver update attempts...

Ask a Question