From: kimiraikkonen <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Subject: USB disconnection sound is not reliable
Date: 25 Apr 2007 09:34:57 -0700

Hi,
I asked some people with having the same strange thing of XP's
problem.

Although me and my friend has the same USB flash drive, if i plug my
drive into a USB port, i get ''dong'' sound as normal. But after i
unplug my USB drive, i do NOT get ''dong'' sound. But my friend gets
in both cases (plug and unplug). The difference is my drive has a few
MB's of free, but my friend has much more than me.(almost 1/2 of
total)

Also this USB disconnect and connect sound sometimes happens to all
devices sometimes happens very long time after plugging out.

Is there anybody with XP's this strange USB disconnect/connect sound
behaviour?

Thanks.

Go start \ control panel \ sounds and audio \ sounds and check "device
disconnect" .

kimiraikkonen

Go start \ control panel \ sounds and audio \ sounds and check "device
disconnect" .- Hide quoted text -

Of course it is selected. The strange thing is that the sound comes
sometimes after USB device removal.