Urgent help required with non-starting pc

Reaction score
Help! My PC refuses to do anything, I switch it on, it whirrs, all the mobo lights and fans come on, the disk drives are all powered, but the screen stays blank, it was working this morning! Last I saw of it was a blue screen of death about computer exceptions, that stayed for a couple of seconds before disappearing.

my basic spec:

ECS KN1 SLi Extreme
Athlon 64 3200+
2 x 512mb of memory
X700 256mb graphics

The really worrying thing right now is the fact that touching the case with the speaker jack brings out a whole load of static. HELP!

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the PC beep at all? I wouldn't worry about the speaker jack problem though, try touching the jack with your finders and it will do the same thing :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
is it one long beep followed by 2 short ones ? if so its a graphics card problem

you'll prob have to replace it

Reaction score
Its just started with 5 beeps now,

re: changing any component, is there anyway of being sure of the problem?, I'm guessing no due to the lack of screened information. I'm just hesitant as I don't have the funds available if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
You still havent answered my last question!

I take it ur using an AGP board?

Try lending a PCI or AGP Graphics card if you know of someone?

Try it in the machine!

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't notice that one.

The Motherboard is a PCI-e one made by the Elite group (ECS). I'll see if I can find a PCI card and see what happens.

Ask a Question