Urgent Help needed:Windows XP restarts over & over !!!!!!!

pc1

Reaction score
Each time its switched on, it goes upto the black screen where it starts : 'We apologise for the inconvenience, but windoes did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this'.

Then, later on the screen im given 4 options : safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt and last known good configuration.

Then, 'start windows normally'.

Whichever option is being chosen, the windows still keeps restaring automatically, and it never goes upto the log in screen.

Btw, I also have some important files stored in it, so I would not want to re format as i may lose my files.

I need urgent help as my Degree files are stored in it.

Any advise is appreciated.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Read this ,

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3185892.php

as we really need more info on your pc so that we can help you. You can get the info from a number of sources the one mentioned in the link is there as a guide.

You can probably get all your files using a Linux Live CD or the System rescue CD along with a HDD or a external HDD as long as you do not do anything stupid in the meanwhile. That is if your original hdd is still accesible.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Had you updated or downloaded anything more this started to happen?
What Operating System is on the PC?

Where are my manners, welcome to the forum.
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Could be a virus, corrupt driver, new hardware, faulty hardware or most famously a HP/Compaq based system with an AMD CPU and only just installed XP SP3..... oh the list goes on.

Take note of Abarbs note to ya.
It's not us being funny.... we help all we can but lots of people can't be bothered typing an essay on the possibilities (and if I go into detail on each of those stated it would be enough for a dissertation m8 :D)

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
feckit said:
What Operating System is on the PC?
Lol, I believe the title of this thread contains the words "Windows XP" :lol:
What we don't know is if it is 64bit or 32. Give us more info about your problem, because when this happened to me, it was down to a faulty memory module. However I think you Windows XP installation may be corrupt or you have a virus. If you have the original Windows XP disk, you can try a repair install to get your files back but they ARE still at risk if something goes wrong. Thats why I have 3 internal hard drives! :p One for Windows, one for my files, and one for games/programs.
As JaLing said there are many suspects. But you need to give us more info - eg, if you recently installed new hardware, try disconnecting it and try again.

Ask a Question