Blue screen of death on Toshiba Laptop

Reaction score
My screen has recently received the blue screen of death. Every time I try to start up the computer it goes to this bluie screen and automatically restarts after that....

It says a bunch of things but the important things noted are "If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000006, 0x8301A3A0, 0X8E685930, 0x8E685510)

Hopefully someone can help me with a solution...

Thanks,
Word

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCReview

There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

What OS?

I would like to see the whole error message.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

an example of one error

:user:

Reaction score
The OS is Windows 7 originally Windows Vista.

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 3,151

Ask a Question