Problem booting windows

Reaction score
The Problem: When I boot the computer everything goes fine up until it gets to a screen that says "We pardon for the inconvenience but windows could not start properly" It then goes to say it might have been caused by a power outage/recent change in settings. It then shows 5 options
Safe mode
safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt
Most recent successful settings
Normally

All of those will take me to the windows xp loading screen but then after about 3 seconds it'll take me right back to the screen that shows the error message.

What do you think this problem could be?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to the forums

If 'safe mode' does not work, then it's posible you have a hardware problem, not always.

:thumb:

What is the PC ?

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
If 'safe mode' does not work, then it's posible you have a hardware problem, not always.

What is the PC ?

user.gif

What do you mean what is the PC? If you mean what type - most pieces are from different brand names.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Legion said:
What do you mean what is the PC? If you mean what type - most pieces are from different brand names.
... I was going to be myself and make some satirical comment.

So I will ...

"Do not look at the laser again with your remaining eye"

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Ignoring the "satirical" comment .... I think what Muckshifter meant was; what specification is your PC? ie How much memory, cpu, operating system etc.
Have you fitted any new parts of added software recently?

Covenant

Reaction score
Covenant said:
Ignoring the "satirical" comment .... I think what Muckshifter meant was; what specification is your PC? ie How much memory, cpu, operating system etc.
Have you fitted any new parts of added software recently?

Covenant

1500 Ram
Windows XP
2400 GHZ

Only thing added to my computer recently was an Xbox 360 controller.

Reaction score
Hi LegionSounds like your stuck in a loop often caused by faulty HDD "but not always" have you installed any new drivers / software prior to this problem ? can you access the BIOS and is your HDD / boot drive showing ?, are all cables secure ? you could try uninstalling the 360 box "not that i would have thought this would effect your boot" but any thing is possible lastly have you tried Most recent successful settings ? and it may be an idea to use your XP disk "if you have one" and try FIXMBR in recovery, do you have anouther HDD you can try in the PC to find out if this is HDD related ?, things may look bad ATM but all is not lost :) .

Ask a Question