Upgrading to XP Pro from ME

Frank Rodriguez

When setup reaches:
Setup will complete in approximately;
61 minutes

This pops up:
Setup was unable to read from or write to drive C. If
virus scanner is running, disable it then restart setup.

I uninstalled Norton antivirus and still no dice.

Help!
rodsevenstar(removethis)@austin.rr.com

Jim Macklin

Disable DMA on the CD drive. Disconnect/remove extraneous
hardware and software. Make sure you turn of disk
caching/backup programs which can interfere with installing
software.