Upgrading RAM issue

Reaction score
Hi guys I built a gaming pc quite a while back and I am now deciding to upgrade the RAM that it has.

However I have encountered a problem with the current RAM I am using and that is that the speed of the RAM is not actually supported by the motherboard that I use however it works perfectly.
The motherboard that I have currently is http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3440#sp and as you can see it does not support 1600MHZ RAM like the ones i use currently.

I am wondering if I can just buy another 4gb or 8gb of this 1600MHZ RAM to go alongside the current 4gb without causing any problems as it is not actually supported. Many thanks

Connor

Reaction score
Try using the tool at www.crucial.com/uk this will tell you want RAM your motherboard can take. It does a quick scan of your pc and will give to the results straight away.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Try using the tool at www.crucial.com/uk this will tell you want RAM your motherboard can take. It does a quick scan of your pc and will give to the results straight away.

This man speaks the truth. Rather use the Crucial tool to see what RAM your MOBO supports. Its much better than trying to mix and match :D

Ask a Question