What do you think

Reaction score
Hi, Like the forum.

Compared to the majority of you guys my knowledge of PC's is very limited which is repected by question, So, I am thinking of buying the following...

"Freshtech AMD 4.1Ghz 8gb Ram 1tb HDD FTS Gaming PC Desktop Computer Galaxy 3 HDMI Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard 8GB DDR3 1600mhz Performance Ram Onboard AMD Radeon HD 8470D 500 Watt Power Supply With 12cm Fan 1tb Seagate Barracuda Sata 6Gb/s 64mb Cache 7200rpm"

My questions are, have any of you guys got one of these? Does it come with Wi-Fi installed to get online etc or will I have to buy an adapter? Is it good for multi-tasking? Do the fans whir noisily even when idle? and lastly is it a good PC for the price of £250 quid?

Many thanks and apologies for the large paste as nost of the details are ver basic.

Cheers. Will

Last edited by a moderator:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Gaming? Graphics Card - Onboard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Save your money for a proper PC. :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Master Flops advice for the day (and probably totally unrelated):

'Never trust a company with 'tech' or 'solutions' in their company name'

You know it makes sense :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, this is basically the information given for the £250 computer:

Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 Motherboard

8GB DDR3 1600mhz Performance Ram

Onboard AMD Radeon HD 8470D

500 Watt Power Supply With 12cm Fan

1tb Seagate Barracuda Sata 6Gb/s 64mb Cache 7200rpm

To come straight to the point, it’s not suitable for gaming and it’s not very good.

The motherboard is current and it costs £35. It has onboard graphics which will be fine for office applications but totally unsuitable for gaming and CAD type applications.

8Gb generic memory, bare minimum for gaming these days.

A 500W generic power supply, very likely a bit rubbish.

A 1Tb mechanical hard disk – about the only respectable part in the whole machine and that will likely be out-dated in a year as SSD disks are getting bigger and plunging in price.

All housed, no doubt, in a cheap and nasty case with an optical drive costing around £12.00.

Sorry to be so harsh but please save your money. It’s also unlikely you’ll be able to buy a gaming machine for £250.00. I’m assuming you already have the peripherals? (Mouse, keyboard, monitor, loudspeakers).

Would you like folk here to suggest a gaming machine? To a budget?

And are you capable of putting a machine together yourself from parts?

Ask a Question