Upgrades

Reaction score
Hey,

I need other people's oppinion's on some upgrades,

I just built my pc and shoved a crap graphics card in it to actually boot the system to test the components.

I will be getting around £350-£400 at christmas if im lucky and i wanted an oppinion on what upgrades i should have from the specifications in my signature.

I also have to get a new monitor,i would prefer a TFT but i could get a CRT if its depth wasn't too big.

Chris,

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
If you want to be using your computer for high end gaming then i would get a 6800GT and get another 512mb of memory. That graphics card is really letting an nice system down. I'd be suprised if you could play Far Cry with medium settings on 800x600 with it at the moment. The 6800GT is an excellent card, will churn up anything you throw at it.

Or you could just get the 6800GT and a 17" CRT. But CRT monitors are all big n bulky, that cant be helped :blush:.

If you've already got a 17" CRT, then i would definatly opt for the memory and gfx card.

Reaction score
Cheers Reefy,

I currently have a 15" CRT, 14" viewable and its a bit on the old side, i will more than likely have to get a CRT or a TFT when i get my new desk, as this one is fuzzy, tried everything to clear it up a bit but nothing helps.

That 6800GT £274.99 is very nice, includes shipping also which is nice. Might have to get me one of those at xmas, and a cheap 17" CRT

Chris,

Reaction score
Twould be exactly what i said to you at college chris, but no, too expensive.

Get the Graphics card and a 17" TFT with a response of at the most, 16ms.

though memory would speed up games, you would see no difference with a 6800GT it's a good card.

Reaction score
Postill,

I do ask you for information, however this is only your view, that's why i posted to get other views from people, i like to get a wider range of information.

Is that okay with you?

Chris,

Reaction score
Thats not what i was getting at, i told you at college that there was a good deal with the 6800GT and you said no it was too expensive, but now you said your hoping to get one at christmas...

Anyway, yes it is a good card, buy one.

Ask a Question