How can I upgrade

Reaction score
Hihi PCR,

I have just bought a new 22 inch monitor for my desktop PC, it looks the business. But when I play games on the thing, it kinda looks crap lol.

So, with the specs in my sig, could you guys come up with a few minor upgrades which will make my gaming experience ever so slightly better.

For the record, I dont intend to play anything to graphic intensive. Im into my MMO's on the computer so would like to be able to play them smoothly without them looking crappy. So no first person shooters, racing games etc etc

Im thinking, maybe another gig of ram, a new graphics card (not the best, just better than what I have atm!) anda ew CPU.

Advise away!

Kind Regards
GMAN

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's quite an old system now so even modern rpg's might not look so hot.

Prime concern should be the graphics card, more memory will help (DDR or DDR2? - DDR's actually more expensive now) but unless the game requirements specify a certain minimum amount of memory the priority should be the video card.

ATI certainly best bang for the buck atm, the high end Nvidia cards at least are noisy and suffer from overheating, not really sure about their mid-range cards.

Here's a starting point anyway, scale up or down as budget allows http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=56&subid=1673

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
I have pretty much the same spec machine as you. As Flopps has said, your only real options for upgrades are graphics card and RAM.

RAM is around £80 for 2GB from Crucial (DDR400), No idea on graphics cards as i don't game much but the ones Flopps has linked to should be fine

Ask a Question