Updating windowsXP Embedded Clients

G

Hi

I have a problem upadting my XPE-machines. There is always comming an error when trying to update windows online. Also I have this problem when I download the hotfix and try to install it. The message that appers says that I should make the cryptographic service run, but the service allready runs. What do I wrong

An Other Question
Is it normal that in systemproperties there is no SP1 displayed? because my version of embedded should have SP1 allready installed

Thanks a lo

Tassos

K

KM

Tassos,

Are you trying to use Windows Update to update your XPe client? Then this might be a wrong thing to do. Search this NG archive for more info on why "Windows Update" don't work for XPe.

With best regards, KM
BSquare Corporation

T> Hi,
T> comming an error when trying to update windows online. Also I have
T> this problem when I download the hotfix and try to install it. The
T> message that appers says that I should make the cryptographic service
T> run, but the service allready runs. What do I wrong?
T> Question:
T> displayed? because my version of embedded should have SP1 allready
T> installed.

G

Hi KM

I heard about that. But also I tried to download the updates from microsoft website, und run the exe-files. I get the same error. Any Idea?

Thanks

Tassos

K

KM

Tassos,

There is a bunch of exe-files on MS website. What exactly did you mean?
And again, are you fighting with "Windows Update"s?
Search this NG google archive on "CSDVersion" to get more info about the registry entries for XPe/SP1. This should fix your XPe image version info.

KM
BSquare Corporation

T> Hi KM,
T> from microsoft website, und run the exe-files. I get the same error.
T> Any Idea?

G

Hi and sorry for replying again,

if I want to do an update to a machine (like blaster hotfix),
how should I proceed?

thanks tassos

K

KM

Tassos,

No need for being sorry but you will probably learn how to use this NG google archive a lot since it seems to be biggest info center for XPe devs.

Here you'll find more info on MS Blaster update for XPe: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Embedded/xp/downloads/blaster/default.asp
I also recall some very useful blaster related info on www.xpefiles.com (check Updates/Microsoft folder there).

KM
BSquare Corporation

T> Hi and sorry for replying again,
T> machine (like blaster hotfix),

Ask a Question