unwanted IE set up page

dead squirrel running

I have two daughter that sometimes use my computer and are have user icons.
The IE browser is no problem on mine and one of the daughters, as it always
comes up to our selected homepage, but everytime the other daughter clicks on
the IE icon a setup page comes up and even though we have tried to fill out
"Choose Your Settings", 4 pages, it always comes up instead of the homepage.
Here is the link. Anyway I can solve this problem?

http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx

pcbutts1 [MS MVP]

Big Al

Leythos said:
Downloading anything from a MVP impersonators site is a hazard, as well
as downloading anything from a site containing pornographic materials -
I would never trust anything on the site.

Okay, I have to ask, where do you see porn? pcbutts1 and others have
had heated arguments about comments like yours. I've gone to his site
and I see no porn reference what so ever. Either on pcbutts1.com or
pcbutts1.com/downloads. I'm not trying to take sides, I'm just fact
finding right now. This is a frank/honest question.

dead squirrel running

Ya I'm thinking that as IE wouldn't let me download any of the programs, so
maybe I was lucky

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain (PCButtHole).

A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7
[ignore the title]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385

Those with IE7-specific questions or comments are asked to post to and seek
support in this newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In your newsreader:

Daave

"dead squirrel running" <dead squirrel
I have two daughter that sometimes use my computer and are have user
icons.
The IE browser is no problem on mine and one of the daughters, as it
always
comes up to our selected homepage, but everytime the other daughter
clicks on
the IE icon a setup page comes up and even though we have tried to
fill out
"Choose Your Settings", 4 pages, it always comes up instead of the
homepage.
Here is the link. Anyway I can solve this problem?

http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx

Just establish a home page (Tools | Internet Options -- top box is "Home
page"). When running IE7 at the begining of a session, go through the
four-page cycle you mentioned, customizing IE7 as you wish. Then finally
click "Go To My Homepage." That should do the trick.

pcbutts1 [MS MVP]

The guy is a Psychopathic Stalker, he has been stalking me since 2005.

Except from the book The Hare Psychopathy Checklist-Revised by Dr Robert
Hare, Ph.D

A psychopath typically lacks "emotional intelligence". They can be expert in
manipulating others by playing to their emotions. There is a shallow quality
to the emotional aspect of their stories (i.e., how they felt, why they felt
that way, or how others may have felt and why). The lack of emotional
intelligence is the first good sign you may be dealing with a psychopath.
Antisocial personalities may or may not be psychopathic. The antisocial
personality is primarily a problem involving a failure to respect the right
of individuals. Psychopathy involves poor emotional intelligence, the lack
of conscience, and an inability to feel attached to people except in terms
of their value as a source of stimulation or new possessions.

I must "Stimulate" him because he won't stop.

dead squirrel running

I guess you didn't read the post. On that user it doesn't go through the 4
steps. If I switch users it does. The option home page already is set. I
also can not delete that user as the owner.

dead squirrel running

Yes I can get to the page. But a blocked text IE says it can not connect
when I click on any of the programs, nor can I figure out the process to
email you.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Stay away from him! He is NOT an MS MVP!
Yes I can get to the page. But a blocked text IE says it can not connect
when I click on any of the programs, nor can I figure out the process to
email you.

pcbutts1 [MS MVP]

You are right "He" is not and MVP but she/I am. You are one of those idiot
MVP's who is still pissed at me because you could not shut down my website.
You sent bogus letters to everybody you can think of and tried to use your
"MVP" status which means nothing to nobody except MS, to shut me down. You
were embarrassed because I was not the person you thought I was and you are
still pissed. Now stop disrupting this NG and trolling me and get back to
helping people. I am a MVP and because I won't tell you my real name you
come here an tell lies.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Not only aren't you an MVP, you're not a woman, either.

PS: Expect to be contacted by MS Legal shortly. We ratted on you!

pcbutts1 [MS MVP]

Grow up! Sheeeesh who do you think you are fooling. If I was pretending to
be an MVP, which I'm not pretending, MS does not have the time for anything
petty like that. What every happened to that law suit you threatened me with
a few years ago? More BS from an idiot MVP.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

MS says you're not an MVP. I know kos we asked! You have time for petty
stuff kos you're a poseur.