Unable to uninstall

B

blanco

Hi, Folks. Any help with this problem?Many months ago I used Windows Defrag which removed half of mylisted programs from the PROGRAMS & FEATURES component . All ofthe programs remained in Program Files list and worked O.K. Sincethat Cockup I have used a 3rd party defrag and kept well clear ofthe windows tool.The problem is that I am unable to uninstall any of the delisted progsusing Windows or a 3rd party uninstaller and I need to get rid of a fewend of life or corrupt progs such as WMP11 and reinstall/update. I would prefer this route rather than install on top of the originals which has causedall kinds of problems.So, the big question is - how can I force uninstall these programs ?Can you suggest a download to do the job ? I can't find any answers atMicrosoft. Thanks for your time..........................................................Blanco

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

G

Gordon

Hi, Folks. Any help with this problem?Many months ago I used Windows
Defrag which removed half of mylisted programs from the PROGRAMS &
FEATURES component .

Well in all my time using Windows from 3.11 (with PCTools) through 95, 98,
2000, XP and Vista I have NEVER EVER seem Windows Defrag remove installed
programs.
I would suggest that the fact that they disappeared at that time is a
complete coincidence, and that there is something far more serious going on
on your machine.

O

oscar

Same here. I've been using Windows OS since 3.1 and never had defrag delete
program files. Windows defrag works fine.

Ask a Question