System hesitates when playing...

N

ncinsguy

System specs: Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2, AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-Core Processor 2.10ghz, 4 GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 3200 256mb onboard video HDMI & RGB outs, Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II and WinTV HVR-1600 tuner cards.  Here's the problem, on the 1st tuner I have my office's security camera system input via RCA jacks so i can see everything on my 2nd monitor using WMC live TV.  The video is choppy and my computer will hesitate like every 30-45 seconds.  Mouse, music, typing i mean everything will stop or stutter.  Video continues playing normally but still choppy.  This only happens when using this input.  I can play HD TV using the other card and this doesn't happen dvd, pictures, streaming video basically anything else in WMC and there is no problem.  I tried using other programs to view the video but all of them say that the tuner card is in use and can't play the video.  This input did play the other day smoothly and my system did not hesitate during playback but i don't know how it happened.  all the same programs are running today as they were when it worked correctly.  I think it's something with the tuner since on the day it did work correctly i took these steps...disabled the card, restarted, enabled the card, restarted and all worked fine but that process has not worked since.  please help, i don't mind using another program instead of WMC if i can get them to see use the card.

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

P

Peter Foldes

System hesitates when playing with all that you described. Your video card is out of
sequence from everything else that is installed
Not a very good video card for this purpose (ATI Radeon HD 3200 256mb) You need one
that is much higher in capacity

N

ncinsguy

no, system only hesitates when using the input from the tuner card with the rca inputs.  i can play hd ota signals without a problem.  everything plays fine except the stream from my cameras using the card with the rca jacks only.

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Ask a Question