Unable to stay logged-in to PCR

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
It's not a biggie, but I can't stay logged-in to the Forum. This seems to have started last night. On the Homepage, the box is still ticked to "remember me" and Firefox 3.0.2 (which by co-incidence, updated itself yesterday) remembers my log-in name and password.

I can get in as normal with IE7, so probably a FF-specific thing? Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, in case anyone else happens to experience the same thing
:)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Firefox just updated yet again, to 3.0.3 ...but it hasn't made any difference. Did you tweak anything Madx? :)

Reaction score
Nope, I made no changes..Unless it updated and I wasn't aware...lol been having a couple of "thick days" lately....lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think it's anything on the site end, as it's purely related to cookies which are only stored on the end user computer :thumb:

I've had FF do this sometimes when I've run CCleaner, and it only seems to resolve after a restart. Might be worth a shot if you've not restarted since :nod: Otherwise, try cleaning the cookie cache and see if that does the trick. Do other websites dependant on cookies do the same thing?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm using the latest FF and i aint had this issue. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I don't think it's anything on the site end, as it's purely related to cookies which are only stored on the end user computer :thumb:

I've had FF do this sometimes when I've run CCleaner, and it only seems to resolve after a restart. Might be worth a shot if you've not restarted since :nod: Otherwise, try cleaning the cookie cache and see if that does the trick. Do other websites dependant on cookies do the same thing?

I have always had CCleaner set to leave PCR cookies alone - and a couple of other sites I visit regularly, so think they should be okay. However, when I went to two of those other sites today, I needed to sign-in to both - so it obviously is a "local" thing.

Funny thing is, when I came in just now, I didn't need to log-in, :confused: but anyway, if it happens again, I shall restart, as you suggest.

Thank you for the advice/suggestions, they are much appreciated:thumb: :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sorry to bang on about it, but the problem has returned again and, by way of an "update" it is only happening with the Vista PC, XP is connecting just fine. Both have the same FF versions, etc., so it's a bit puzzling really. As I said before, it's not biggie, just a bit annoying. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yay problem solved! Just in case anyone else is experiencing the problem I had... the solution is simply to completely uninstall Firefox, choosing the option to remove your profile details, then do a clean reinstall. But, do remember to back-up any bookmarks etc., that you wish to keep - and make note of any "stored" passwords that you might forget.

It's working fine again now. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you got it working TC :) Computers are funny things sometimes!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Yay problem solved! Just in case anyone else is experiencing the problem I had... the solution is simply to completely uninstall Firefox, choosing the option to remove your profile details, then do a clean reinstall. But, do remember to back-up any bookmarks etc., that you wish to keep - and make note of any "stored" passwords that you might forget.

It's working fine again now. :D

Why bother with the fafh of remembering when you can use ,

FOXMARKS http://www.foxmarks.com/

ROBOFORM http://www.roboform.com/php/land.ph...oogle&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=roboform_tm

Both free and so so useful.

:p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Why bother with the fafh of remembering when you can use ,

FOXMARKS http://www.foxmarks.com/

ROBOFORM http://www.roboform.com/php/land.ph...oogle&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=roboform_tm

Both free and so so useful.

:p

Well I've been using Foxmarks for quite some time - which is how I managed to reinstate all of my bookmarks after I'd uninstalled FF :nod: My reason for mentioning to backup, was to prevent anyone else from losing their stuff, if they had everything saved to Firefox and weren't running those add-ons.

But I agree, Foxmarks is great (I don't use Roboform, but only because I don't really need that one.)
:wave:

Reaction score
I havnt read through the thread, but clearing your cookies and old internet folders did the job for me, just for future reference ;)

Ask a Question