Windows Vista unable to open pdf files

Reaction score
I am having a problem as the title says.The operating system is Vista Home Premium and using Internet Explorer 8.If i look at a Website for say a hotel and download the menu for their resturant when i try to open it i get a message saying "adobe reader could not open the pdf file because it is either not a supported file or because the file has been damaged".I have downloaded and reinstalled Adobe Reader but still am having the problem.I recently downloaded the latest updates from Microsoft and discovered that Internet Explorer 9 was included.Thinking this was the problem i managed to uninstal it and went back to IE8 but the problem persists.Can anyone throw some light on what the problem could be please?

Reaction score
Many thanks for the reply.I could not open any pdf `s. I have tried the test link that you supplied and it said i have succesfully open their test pdf.Strange !.I downloaded the prog you advised and it opened everthing without a problem.I think i will swap to the new one.Thank you for your help Ian.

Ask a Question