unable to open a self extracting zip file in XP

flutterby1947

After downloading a self extracting zip file and double clicking on
it,nothing happens. Winzip does not open it. What am I doing wrong?
Need some help, am anxious to view this file.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi flutterby1947,

Open WinZip and verify the file association configurations.

David Candy

If it's a zip file and not another archive then rename it from name.exe to name.zip.

David Candy

The quake was in Indonesia. The houses just shook a bit. In 1973, christmas day, Darwin was destroyed completely by a cyclone. All buildings in Darwin are new. All quake centres are a long way from Australia. I've slelp through every earthquake but one and I didn't notice it.

It's our advanced guard that takes the flack (India is Australia advanced guard as we are going to take over the world us Indo-Australia continential plate people).

My theory is we put our first echelon on india then cast it off several million years ago. Your wear down down the enemy and we are the second echelon that delivers the killer second blow for the Greater Indo-Australian empire.

Then we're on to Moscow to show Hitler and Napolean how to do it..

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi David,

I did not understand this part:

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
The quake was in Indonesia. The houses just shook a bit. In 1973, christmas
day, Darwin was destroyed completely by a cyclone. All buildings in Darwin
are new. All quake centres are a long way from Australia. I've slelp through
every earthquake but one and I didn't notice it.

It's our advanced guard that takes the flack (India is Australia advanced
guard as we are going to take over the world us Indo-Australia continential
plate people).

My theory is we put our first echelon on india then cast it off several
million years ago. Your wear down down the enemy and we are the second
echelon that delivers the killer second blow for the Greater Indo-Australian
empire.

Then we're on to Moscow to show Hitler and Napolean how to do it..

David Candy

Australia and India are part of the same contnential plate. When we we were one country several million years ago we put our shock troops (like marines) and sent you off to land on Asia to establish the beachhead so the rest of our forces to follow. You are the marines and we are the regular army. We will rule the world. But Australia's enginge broke down so we are running a couple of million years late in reinforcing you.

Just hold on, we'll be there before the sun burns out. Then we'll get moscow.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Interesting one. I'll should read more about it from "Olai Suvadi" or from
some ancient stone engravements :)

BTW, "Olai Suvadi" is a Tamil (language that we speak in South India) term
refers to the ancient tales written on Palm leaves using Crow's feather. I
don;t know which "ink" they used at that time ;) One of the "beautiful"
creation is "Tirukural" (or "Thirukkural" ) and you must've heard about it
before.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Australia and India are part of the same contnential plate. When we we were
one country several million years ago we put our shock troops (like marines)
and sent you off to land on Asia to establish the beachhead so the rest of
our forces to follow. You are the marines and we are the regular army. We
will rule the world. But Australia's enginge broke down so we are running a
couple of million years late in reinforcing you.

Just hold on, we'll be there before the sun burns out. Then we'll get
moscow.

David Candy

I'll look it up later today as we are still coping with the practicable details of getting his possessions to his sister.

Least the cat will eat 41c cat food rather than the $5 a day niel spent on his food.

http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
Ramesh said:
[...]

Go help David. How well the cats play together?

--

Ramesh said:
[...]

I have a google page open but don't know what link looks useful (a lot seem forums). Is there a simple explanation page.

Only one cat lives here. But all cats hang about here as various people feed the birds. And the cats sit mesmerised by all these birds.

Ramesh said:
Go help David. How well the cats play together?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I'll look it up later today as we are still coping with the practicable
details of getting his possessions to his sister.

Least the cat will eat 41c cat food rather than the $5 a day niel spent on
his food.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

David, I'm not sure if there is a English version of Tirukkural available on
the web (though it has been translated to many launcuages). Just an into
available here: http://www.tamilcyber.com/resources/thirukkural.htm.

I have the Tirukkural book which contains 1330 'Kural's (two lined poems)
which covers most part of the life. Though I speak Tamil, I don't understand
most of the 'Kural's (need a tutor who can translate from ancient tamil
literature)

--

Ramesh said:
Go help David. How well the cats play together?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I'll look it up later today as we are still coping with the practicable
details of getting his possessions to his sister.

Least the cat will eat 41c cat food rather than the $5 a day niel spent on
his food.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

In school days, we needed to read / memorize Kural's in Tamil subject.
(Covered 100s during school days). Kural's don't talk about the history, but
gives general advice.