Windows 10 uk.yhs4.search.yahoo.com Connection Problems

Reaction score
Hello all! I have posted this in the W10 section because this only started happening once I upgraded my daily OS

Far too frequently, my (wired) internet connection drops and I get the following:

which is usually followed by

"No site configured at this address" Ebay...photobucket (whilst trying to upload the pic!) etc etc.... proper websites, y'know? :D

My router is a Netgear DG834G V3.

Is it now obsolete?

Thanks!

I hope everyone has been well!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Kenny, sorry for the slow reply.

That screenshot error should be a server-side error, as it's a problem with a web-server. Next time you get an error saying "No site configured at this address" could you screenshot that with the URL please?

I'm a bit confused as the screenshot shows that it's from a yahoo search query, however the software that is powering it doesn't match what I'd expect Yahoo to run (that's an old, insecure version of PHP). Could you run a spyware scan, as I wonder if there is something in your hosts file to re-direct certain sites to 3rd party servers.

Also, it would be handy if you can run "tracert ebay.co.uk" (or another problematic site) from the command prompt and then screenshot or copy/paste the results here - that should confirm if you're being re-directed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I googled for "uk.yhs4.search.yaho.com" and I'm even more convinced that it's a malware problem - I'd do a scan with a couple of anti-spyware and anti-virus tools ASAP. The free version of MBAM (https://www.malwarebytes.org/) is a good start :).

Reaction score
Hi Ian! Thanks for the posts :)

Malware bytes came back clean. I moved away from AVG-Free and i'm trying Panda. I'll take more screenshots for you when I next have a connection drop.

Reaction score
This isn't a good sign, is it? These messages appeared after a few F5's of the same connection problem.

Reaction score
Nope, nothing like that.

*sigh* The errors are fewer, but my OS doesn't "feel" right. Time for a reinstall. Now I need to figure out how to install W10 without reinstalling 7 and upgrading.... if that's even an option "the second time"

Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance Ian :D ....and sorry for taking more than i'm giving on here. I've had a couple years away from computers because things got a bit samey. The wheels have gently started turning again, maybe I should get back on here....go back to (almost) where it all started :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Now I need to figure out how to install W10 without reinstalling 7 and upgrading.... if that's even an option "the second time"

Once you've done the upgrade you can indeed do a fresh install. Check the W10 section for details. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think a fresh install is a good choice if it doesn't feel right - it'll be nice and zippy too :).

Ask a Question