UK Cold Winter?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
After the cold and rainy summer we've had in the UK, you'd think that will mean we are in for a freezing and snowy winter. I know we have some meteorological minded people here that might be able to hazard a guess!

Fingers cross that next summer is a good one :cool:

Reaction score
Ian, in the early part of 2007 The Met Office said we would be getting a very hot summer.
As we all know it never happened, apart from a few days in March!
I would hazard a guess at what ever The Weather People say it will be the opposite!

Reaction score
I reckon it'll be a fairly cold winter with more than average snow cover, only due to the way the weather systems have been moving in all year.

I have been hinting on a cold winter for a few months, but as always things can change at a click of the fingers.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Winky knows more than most :p

Well considering the siberian ducks have landed 2 weeks earlier than ever and they should know an Icy blast from a dodgy past and they escape from the oncoming harshness, i will plump for a ridiculously cold spell where even Flops and mucks moan about how cold it is ;)

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I think we have had one of the warmest autumns for a long while .As to the winter I bet its going to be pretty warm aswell .
happywave.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
November 6th and its darn warm !! must be a pre cursor to what ?? harsh or mild ..come on weather people ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
November 6th and its darn warm !! must be a pre cursor to what ?? harsh or mild ..come on weather people ;)

This news just in from the met office long range forecast for the uk:

November: Hurricanes will affect Glasgow, Bangor and Chipping Norton.

December: Tsunamis will affect the Tyne and The Tees

January: Higher than average temperatures at Yeovil, Swansea and Nether Wallop.

February: Unseasonal snow drifts at Brands Hatch Motor Racing Circuit.

March: Due to uncommon 2 metre high snow drifts, Easter will be cancelled and re-scheduled for June 18th.

April: It will rain every single day everywhere.

That's the truth, believe me :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
meteorological minded people here that might be able to hazard a guess!

I think that just about sums it up. ;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Looks like the cutty sark and stoke can breathe a little easier... cheers Michael Floppy Fish ;)

Ask a Question