Down the pub

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There are about five pubs I drink at regularly local to me and the two where I partake of alcoholic beverages the most are the Cutty Sark and The Pelton Arms.

The Pelton has live music on Sunday evenings and back on 12th October I shot a little footage of some of the musicians with my Canon G9 compact camera.

Notable amongst the ensembled musical throng were Glenn Tilbrook and Dennis Greaves. Glenn plays with Squeeze, The Fluffers and solo whilst Dennis fronted the bands Nine Below Zero and The Truth.

Squeeze, The Fluffers and Nine Below Zero are still active but this was a loose sort of jam session at The Pelton.

The lighting was low I’m afraid but the sound quality is quite ok. First up Glenn and the drummer with both Squeeze and The Fluffers – Simon Hanson – play part of the old Jeannie C Riley hit ‘Harper Valley PTA’ followed by Arthur Crudup’s ‘That’s Alright’ made famous, of course, by some young whippersnapper named Elvis Presley.

In 1970 myself and two friends saw Arthur Crudup play at a pub named The Bridge House near London’s Elephant & Castle. It was a cold winter’s evening and Arthur played upstairs to about 50 people. It was to be his last visit to the UK, he died before he could return.

So, guess you could say I was lucky enough to catch a legendary blues figure, here’s a pic, poor quality I’m afraid but the only snap I got:

attachment.php

Ok, first vid:

YouTube - Harper valley PTA & Thats Alright

Second vid, mistakenly shot in black and white, Glenn, Dennis, Simon and some geezer on bass go through ‘Superstition’

YouTube - Superstition

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ive been meaning to post for some time - but it seems that I forgot... :p

I found a bottle of spirits with the name Cutty Sark at a store in town. Dont quite remember what kind it was, But it did remind me of you Flops. :D

Ask a Question